Business Manager Position
Colegio San Jose San Juan, PR
Set to start on February 2023.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related field.
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Experience with governmental/non-profit accounting principles and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), FASB accounting standards for non-profits, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to develop and adopt financial policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Must be able to communicate financial information in sound business language so people of all levels can understand.
- Knowledge of federal regulations on taxes and reporting.
- Knowledge of operating and capital budget concepts.
- Advanced computer skills, knowledge in Excel, Sage accounting...
- Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
- Ability to work with parents, students, and all other personnel.
- Oversees the daily accounting activities required to maintain the school's general ledger.
- Supervises, directs, and reviews the work of the accounting staff (including but not limited to, cash reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, payroll, accounts payable transactions, debt activity, recording of revenue and expenses, etc.)
- Cash management (including the placement or movement of funds in various trusts).
- Maintains an organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
- Resolves complex accounting issues or assists other school personnel in resolving financial issues.
- Monthly review of the general ledger to ensure the accuracy of posting.
- Produces financial reports involving the school's trust accounts for monthly board meetings.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
- Produces quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
- Makes and implements recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
- Prepares, develops, and implements annual school budget. Propose revisions to the budget, if necessary, in response to significant or unforeseen developments.
- Provide ongoing budgetary information to relevant people.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Supervises Non-Teaching Personnel. (Maintenance & Cafeteria Supervisors and Office Staff).
- Supervises affiliate's accounting work (Fundación Colegio San José)
- Present timely and fully costed proposals, recommendations, or bids. (Health insurance, School Insurance, and vendors in general).
- Select types of investments which are appropriate for the school, taking account of risks and identify possible and suitable providers in order to maximize return.
- Monitor the effectiveness and implementation of agreements.
- In charge of the Rent of facilities.
Colegio San José is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate by color, race, sex, age, national origin, citizenship of individuals legally authorized to work in American territory, social status, marital status, political beliefs, veteran status, physical conditions and any other protected by law.